Wednesday, January 2, 2008

FreshDad's Parenting reflections for a brand new year - 2008

What a wonderful year it has been for my family. In May, 2007 my wife and I welcomed our 2 beautiful girls into this world. So many great things have happened ed to us in 2007, I am just so excited to see what 2008 brings us.

With this New Year comes reflection. Being a new Dad, Reflection now is very rewarding. You truly understand the term counting your blessings, and how to improve on your parenting skills. I am far from a perfect parent, but I am real close :) .

In all seriousness, Having a parenting road map for 2008 may not be such a bad idea. I am pretty sure that if I was to start on focusing on certain goals, it will continue throughout my children's lives which will hopefully have a positive effect.

My children are coming on to 8 months, and as each month passes, their are new stages of development that our children and we experience. It only gets harder, and as a very involved Dad, I not only want to excel in each stage, I want to have somewhat of a plan.

If you have any favorite kids tips you would like to share, Click here to post it. We all can learn a little something from everyone.

As for me, I always want to stick to my gut feeling and not second guess myself. Sometimes when you make decisions for your children, you can get overwhelmed in trying to make the right decision, and end up making no decision at all.

Not me in 2008, go with the gut, and most of the time its correct, and if its not, I am sure it will not be a detrimental decision that will affect your kids lives.

Happy New year Everyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post.

Like yourself, I always go with my gut feeling and it proves to work out most of the time.

If i had any advice, it would be to stay consistent, be persistant and enjoy every new stage parenting brings you

Cheers