Friday, January 4, 2008

Family Dog Mauls 8-month old boy

I do not like to write on stories that have a tragic ending but as a caring parent, I feel its important to notify my readers on the story of an 8 month old boy being cared for by his grandmother. This little Boy was bitten on the head by his family dog in Brooklyn, New York on Thursday, January 3rd and tragically died.

Neighbors said the dog ( a Doberman Pinscher )was docile and friendly and would allow them to pet it.

I understand millions of people have Dogs as family pets, but this story I hope will open every pet owners eys with young children. I would expect most would say " never my dog " or " " My dog is so good with my infant " Which in most cases is true. But if we are not watching our kids constantly, you can get into a situation where the baby tuggs on the dogs ear, or grabs their hair which can set them off.

Many of us that do not have pets have friends who do have dogs. We have to be very careful when we bring our kids over. It is our responsibility to always supervise. Our Young children are for the most part always exploring, I can see where they can mistake a dog from a big stuffed animal, and accidently anger the dog. We just all need to be extra careful.

I know this does sound rather obvious, but we need reminders constantly.

I hope I never ever read another story like this, and just want to share this with everyone.

Please share your thoughts on this

For Full Story as reported click here.


Thanks

No comments: